Introducing Zelle, a quick and easy way to transfer money!
On July 9, 2021, Members Cooperative Credit Union will be replacing Popmoney® with Zelle®!
If you like Popmoney®, you're going to love Zelle®. It's a fast and easy way to send and receive money with people you know and trust.1 Best of all, payments typically arrive within minutes between enrolled users.²
Getting started is easy. To enroll, simply follow these instructions on or after July 9, 2021, to have your Popmoney account information, history, and contacts transferred to your Zelle account:
- Log in to your MCCU Online Banking account
- Click on Pay Bills -or- Send Money with Zelle®
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Choose the account you want to use
- Review and start sending money!
- Scheduled or recurring payments sent directly to a bank account will continue unless they exceed $1,000.3
- All scheduled Popmoney payments over $1,000 will be canceled due to a change in peer-to-peer transaction limits.
- Scheduled or recurring payments sent to an email address or mobile number will be canceled unless you enroll in Zelle at least one day before the "Send Date" of the next payment.
- Recipients must also enroll in Zelle to receive your payments.
Be sure to notify your contacts that you will no longer be using Popmoney, and ask them to enroll with Zelle before you send them money. This will help them get your payment more quickly.
For a full list of banks and credit unions currently participating with Zelle, go to zellepay.com. If your recipient’s bank is not on the list, don't worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle by downloading the Zelle app for Android or iOS.
If you receive Popmoney payments, please ask the sender to use Zelle instead. If the sender's bank does not offer Zelle, they can easily enroll by downloading the Zelle app (available in the App Store or Google Play) with a U.S.-based VISA® or Mastercard® debit card.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning services, LLC and are used herein under license.
¹You must have an account in the U.S. to use Zelle. ²Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle. ³Scheduled or recurring payments sent directly to your recipient’s account number (instead of an email address or mobile number) can take 1 – 3 business days to process.
MCCU services are subject to applicable agreements between you and the credit union. MCCU will never request that a member transfer funds to another party or to themselves. Be aware of scams.Go to main navigation