Save Time with Mobile Check Deposit
THE HASSLE-FREE WAY TO DEPOSIT CHECKS.
With the convenience of direct deposit, very seldom do we receive paper checks anymore. In the instance you do receive one, there is the dreaded task of finding time to get to your nearest bank or credit union to cash or deposit it. Often times, it can take days, weeks or sometimes even months to get around to depositing your check.
With MCCU's Mobile Check Deposit, the hassle of depositing paper checks just got more convenient. If you can take a picture, you can deposit a check, with mobile check deposit. It’s easy and encrypted for security. Try it for yourself:
- Log into MCCU-Mobile on your smartphone.
- (Downloading and logging into MCCU-Mobile is required. If you don’t have MCCU-Mobile on your phone, click here for instructions.)
- Select 'Deposit a Check' from the menu bar.
- Accept the disclosure.
- Select an account to deposit the funds to.
- Sign the back of your check and write: "For mobile deposit only to MCCU.”
- Place your check on a dark flat surface and capture images of the front and back of your check (capture all corners) and select 'Use' with each image.
- Review the information and select 'Make a Deposit'.
You’ll be amazed how much time you can save using MCCU's Mobile Check Deposit, and you may never want to deposit a paper check any other way. For more information, including availability of funds on deposited checks, please click here.
Note: to capture an image of your check, you will need to make sure 'Camera' is enabled for the MCCU Mobile app located in your phone settings. Deposits made to your account before 6:30 p.m. CT will generally post to your account the same business day. Deposits made to your account after 6:30 p.m. CT or on a weekend or holiday typically post to your account by 9:30 a.m. CT the following business day. Longer delays may apply in some cases depending on the type of check that you deposit and will be available after 6:00 p.m. CT the 5th business day after deposit. Checks should be kept for thirty days, in case of discrepancies. Checks that do not meet mobile deposit requirements, such as those that are not properly endorsed, will be rejected. Access is subject to the availability of the internet, cell phone network coverage and plans, and typical service interruptions stemming from your providers or the credit union providers.
« Return to "Blog"Go to main navigation