Banzai Financial Education for Teens
Designed to help teens learn the (real-life) value of a dollar.
MCCU brings financial education to the classroom with Banzai, a free, online financial education resource for MCCU-area students. Students learn to manage their money through a series of real-life situations, balance a virtual checking account, and more. Best of all, lesson plans and online assessment tools are provided to make the program easy to manage and teacher-friendly.
Earn valuable financial know-how, a $50 incentive, and a FREE school-edition debit card upgrade by completing MCCU's Banzai financial literacy program.*
-Complete the Banzai financial literacy program at your school, or through MCCU to earn a certificate of completion.
-Bring your certificate in to any MCCU branch and open a student checking account (or confirm that you are already a student checking account holder) and receive a $50 deposit in your account.*
Relevant, real-world financial literacy tools. For free! MCCU is proud to partner with the Banzai Financial Literacy program. Free to MCCU- area teachers, this relevant, real-world program aligns with Minnesota State Standards and allows high school students to walk through a series of life situations that reflect the realities of life and the dynamics of personal finance. Banzai Life Scenarios workbooks are provided free to local teachers who participate in the program. Best of all, lesson plans and online assessment tools are provided to make the program easy to manage and teacher-friendly.
What happens when a Banzai order is placed?
- Banzai delivers the teacher and student materials order to MCCU.
- The materials are delivered by an MCCU employee to the school.
- Teachers use the Life Scenarios booklets in conjunction with the online program to give students hands-on experience. The Life Scenarios Teacher’s Edition includes supplementary resources and discussion points for use with the program if students need more information on a specific topic.
- All students who use Banzai have free access to the money management program for life.
- Students who are (or become) members of MCCU can choose to redeem their certificate of completion for a $50 deposit into their MCCU checking account and free school-edition debit card.*
*To qualify for incentives, student must be age 13-19, complete the Banzai program, and obtain a student checking account with debit card. Students age 13-17 require a parent/guardian co-signer for checking account. Previous or current Buckwise participants are not eligible for incentives. Limit one incentive deposit per person. Membership eligibility is required. Must be eligible to open an MCCU checking account. MCCU has the right to cancel or alter program or incentives at any time, for any reason. School-edition cards limited to participating districts.
For more information about the Banzai program, contact Tyler Kimber at: email@example.com or (218) 625-8829.
*Details and restrictions available at the link.Go to main navigation