Members Cooperative Credit Union (MCCU) is committed to protecting the privacy of our members. In general, you can visit us on the World Wide Web without disclosing to us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are several areas, however, that we will collect certain information about you and we want you to know how we handle that information.
If you visit our Web site, MCCU collects and stores information on the domain you use to access our Web site, the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to the site, and the date and time of your visit. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the various pages on our site to better understand and serve our membership.
If you send an e-mail, MCCU collects and stores personally-identifying information in order to process your e-mail, form or application. This information is not and will not be sold to any third parties. Due to the volume of e-mail activity, these messages are deleted after they are answered or completed.
If you visit a secure site, such as home banking, you will be asked for personal identification numbers which will give you access to the member-only section of our Web site. This information enables MCCU to regulate entry to the member-only portions of our Web site and to measure member usage. Any identifying information gathered is not sold to third parties.
If you link to another site from any of our pages, you are leaving our site pages, and we cannot be held responsible for any information that may be gathered at a linked site. We make every effort to ensure that all linked sites follow similar privacy policies as ours to offer you maximum security and privacy.
Link: Privacy Notice
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do to Protect Your Privacy
Members Cooperative Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords.
- Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card; this can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to anyone.
- If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union, and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have accurate, up-to-date information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
Our credit union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with our credit union.
As a member of our credit union, you also have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information. To ensure that you can rely upon the quality of products and services we make available, our credit union stands behind the following:
- You will always have access to your information. As a member of our credit union, you will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- Our credit union has prepared a privacy notice. This notice will be shared with all new members; and at least once a year, we will share this privacy notice with all members. This annual notice will remind all members of the importance of privacy and how we collect and disclose information.
This Web site is provided by MCCU to furnish our members with information about credit union programs and services. All information presented is believed to be accurate, however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. This Web site is not intended to render accounting, tax, legal, or other professional advice or services.